Soulchip session training
IT skills are essential in today’s workplace, and while soulchip offer training for the basic essentials, there is now a need greater than ever to extend and expand IT skills in the work place for productivity.
Keyboarding (6 hrs)
This ideally would be delivered over 3 weekly sessions dependent on requirements. These are not touch typing sessions, although the basics of touch typing will be shown. Learners will gain productivity skills from navigating and using a keyboard more efficiently.
- Awareness and understanding of ergonomics, RSI management.
- Essential keyboarding knowledge to develop word processing skills, touch typing basics
- Keyboard shortcuts for productivity
- Free Software to assist practice outside of session, links to suitable sites for accreditation and further development.
Using Word well (3hrs)
For regular users of MS Word this session would expand upon the essential use of the software. Many users have had an informal approach to using the application, and as such may not be aware of the productivity options. Demonstrable experience of basic Word functions required. Sessions are focused on the 2007 version, and can be tailored to 2003 Office.
- Greater knowledge of productivity tools within word
- Find and replace
- Viewing non printing characters
- Viewing how a document will print
- Research / Thesaurus / Dictionary
- Knowledge of useful and essential keyboard commands
- Cut, copy and paste
- Change font size
- Selecting text
- Using the modifier keys
Essential Excel (3hrs)
An introduction to MS Excel and spreadsheets. This is a session which can be expanded and split over a number of weeks or used as a starter point for an intermediate level training option.
- Awareness of what spreadsheets can do:
- Columns and rows
- Cell formatting for numbers, dates and currency
- Use of basic formulae
- Using cell formatting to create viewable documents
- Navigating sheets
- Cell manipulation and duplication
- Freezing columns and Rows
- Printing sheets
Getting the best out of Windows (6hrs)
Productivity orientated sessions which can underpin the efficiency of using a Windows 7 PC. This is a course geared to users of regular users of windows wanting to get their machines working for them.
- Essential file management
- Using folders efficiently
- File types and associated programs
- Using the explorer views effectivelyn
- Backing up files
- Key commands
- Cut copy and paste
- Renaming files and folder individually and in bulk
- Windows key combinations
- Launching programs
- Accessibility and ergonomics
- Changing screen resolution, colour scheme
- Zoom features in the system and software
- Mouse and Keyboard – good habits instead of bad
- Taking breaks
- Seating and office set up
- Useful free applications:
- CCleaner – clean and maintain a windows PC
- Image resizer – oneclick option to resize large pictures for uploading and emailing
- WinDirstat – graphical visualisation of hard drives
- Synctoy – synchronises usb drives and computer folder
- Ninite website – open source and free software installation, easy and quick one stop.
- Launchy – program launcher
- Revo uninstaller – removes programs from the system when problems arise
Introduction to email best practice (3hrs)
In an organisation of any size, email is becoming the main tool in correspondence and communication.
- Making the email software work for you.
- Setting up
- Which software to use?
- Personal and business use
- Housework /Maintenance
- Backing up
- Tidying up the inbox
- Setting up appropriate folders for lists, regulars and clients
- Communicating well
- Using the subject line
- Set times for email
- Can it be delivered better via phone?
- Out of office replies
Get in touch if you would like more details